Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ducks unable to squeeze out a Win against Blackhawks

I really think this game really was not a bad one from the Ducks. We played well. We were more physical, we didn't take that many bad penalties, and we had some good scoring chances.

We came out a little soft in the first period but our second period proved much better. We kept on hitting and we had some chances. Coach Randy stated that he thought the Ducks could have shot more often with the recent games as of late. Missed opportunities I would agree with. We do need to shoot more instead of threading the needle which we get to preocupied with. We try to dish it to Selane or down low behind the net to a centering pass that never finds a stick until it passes the blue line.

I am confident as stated in my previous blog that we are still in really good shape. I think with the resilience of the Ducks Players and our ability to step up when we have a key defensive player like Beauchemin says a lot about our team.

Festerling said, "I try to pick up as much as I can, and be there for him when he needs me "You still get nervous, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable, more confident, I guess. I kind of know what to expect."You get to know how good some of these players really are. I take it as a personal challenge, to do the best I can against some of the best players in the league. I think they're putting some trust in me, putting me against those guys, so – do the best I can."

It's a tough deal being the new guy when you know you don't have the NHL experience every new rook says it's still a much faster game. Kudos to the newbies.

Some of my favorite points of the game was the Kunitz hits throughout the game. I love it. Lets continue to soften these players up so they get rid of the puck quick and we can keep them playing defense.

I also thought we played a really good 2nd period with a good amount of chances offensively. We also seem to be exhausting the team against the boards and it seemed like we were really making some ground on them we just couldn't convert it to goals. That is what it's all about though. All the cycleing down low and great hits still don't bring you up in the standings. Coach Randy is correct we have to start making good passes and shoot more with good scoring opportunities.

No comments: